Everyone wants whiter teeth unless you’re one of those people that are genetically blessed with an immaculate smile. As we get older, our teeth age too. This is why so many people look to teeth whitening to improve their smile.
Two Kinds of Teeth Whitening
– Over the Counter – Teeth whitening products can be purchased at your local drug store. These in-home treatments all vary in method and procedure, but many of them deliver results. This is especially good if you just need minor whitening.
– In-Office – This is whitening that is performed in a dental office by a dentist or a dental hygienist. These treatments are usually done over a series of appointments.
So, the question is, should you use over the counter or in-office teeth whitening? It is always a better idea to have it done in-office and here some reasons why.
Reasons to Have Teeth Whitening Done by a Dentist
– Personalization – Dentists can design the exact color you want and make sure that certain teeth aren’t whitened more than others. Basically, the can personalize your smile to your exact needs and specifications. This something you can’t get with a teeth whitening tray.
– Long-Lasting – The methods and materials they use to whiten teeth have a more permanent effect that store-bought teeth whitening. Did you know that Americans spend over $1 billion dollars per year on teeth whitening?
– Stress-Free – When you have a dentist whiten your teeth, you know it is going to be done right. If you do it yourself, you might not leave the tray in long enough or leave it in too long. Dentists are professionally trained to do it right every time.
– Cost – Most people find out that professional dental whitening is not as expensive as they thought, especially considering they are spending money on it anyways.
If these reasons are compelling, mention that you are interested in teeth whitening at your next dental appointment with a dentist who provides teeth whitening arlington heights il has to offer. They will be able to design a whitening procedure, giving you a boost in confidence with a brand-new smile.